Salesforce has recently announced new insurance-focused enhancements that enable insurers to build stronger, more personalized relationships with policyholders. As an extension to Financial Services Cloud, insurers now have a unified, 360-degree view of their policyholders which includes household relationships, life events and more across all lines of business.
Leading insurers are leveraging innovations in digital, data and cloud technologies to drive profitable growth, distinctive customer engagement, agent productivity, and innovative new business models. At the same time, many of these leaders are still challenged by legacy processes and systems as well as fragmentation between siloed businesses and functions. They are further challenged by a lack of an end-to-end digital strategy and the talent to execute.
Without the ability for insurers to revamp their core activities, including the adoption of a digital-first platform and more collaboration across business units, they risk losing the loyalty of their customer base to competitors.
“Now, more than ever before, the insurance industry is working towards delivering more relevant and engaging experiences at every stage of a customer’s life,” said Ayan Sarkar, Global Head of Insurance, Salesforce.
Further he says “by leveraging data and AI and digitizing touch points, we can now help insurers deliver distinctive experiences. We’re thrilled and excited to partner with insurers on this journey to transform the industry with new insurance innovations for Financial Services Cloud.”
Introducing Insurance Innovations in Financial Services Cloud
Financial Services Cloud transforms the way financial institutions engage with customers through intelligent, integrated and personalized capabilities. It allows companies to unlock customer loyalty through unified experiences while seamlessly bridging channels and geographies across both consumer and commercial lines of business.
The latest capabilities in Financial Services Cloud arm insurers with expanded out-of-the-box functionality specifically designed for the insurance industry.
- The Agent and Customer Service Rep Console provides always-on, comprehensive view of performance metrics, relevant insights and actions across each policyholder’s touchpoints, household relationships, policies, claims, coverages, life events, business milestones and more.
- Lightning Flows provide consistent, step-by-step guidance for common customer service requests across channels, devices and apps.
- Life Events capture and visualize major triggers of changes in insurance needs, such as purchasing a new home, graduating from college or changing jobs.
In addition, new enhancements to Einstein Analytics for Financial Services provide agents and their managers with intelligence to optimize their books of business. Similarly, distribution managers can conduct product penetration and white space analysis to drive growth in their territories.
Finally, new enhancements to Community Cloud for Financial Services delivers pre-built templates to quickly and affordably deploy branded and engaging portal experiences for independent agents, brokers and distributors. This allows insurers to leverage their investments in customer success across their extended ecosystem.
Major global insurers are already leveraging the power of Salesforce Financial Services Cloud to get closer to their policyholders which includes
- Pacific Life leverages Salesforce as its enterprise-wide, integrated CRM platform to bridge the gap between Pacific Life’s sales, service and marketing teams and to help them reimagine how they engage with financial professionals
- Amica Mutual Insurance Company leverages Salesforce to provide representatives handling both sales and services-related interactions with a single view for every customer interaction, eliminating the need to toggle between systems to piece together information
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co. Ltd. aims to unify its business across sales, call centers, insurance agencies and marketing divisions with Salesforce to deliver greater personalized engagement at scale and exceed customer expectations every step of the way
Salesforce has a comprehensive ecosystem of technology partners that extend the power of Financial Services Cloud through insurance solutions built on the Salesforce Platform.
- Guidewire: With Guidewire Digital for Salesforce Financial Services Cloud, insurers benefit from a solution that takes advantage of the extended Financial Services Cloud data model. Using real-time, bi-directional synchronization from Guidewire to Salesforce Financial Services Cloud, insurers can equip their teams with customer-centric sales and service capabilities including 360-degree customer views, new business prospecting and tracking tools, task and activity management, and fast quote and bind workflow.
- iPipeline: iPipeline’s AgentOne agent desktop provides immediate, single-sign on access to the tools needed to execute daily business activities. AgentOne enables life and annuity agents to guide customers through the insurance sales process—from health class estimation and quotes and illustrations, to needs analysis, e-Signature and e-delivery.
- Vlocity: Vlocity’s Digital Insurance Platform powers quoting, policy administration, claims management, service and billing which can be deployed to brokers, agents, policyholders and service representatives.
- (Image Courtesy: www.leankit.com)