Qubole, the data activation company and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) have partnered to enhance user experience in the field of data analytics and also reduce the cost of operations for data analytics on cloud.
With Qubole’s cloud-native data platform running on GCP, customers have the option to deploy a new enterprise analytics service with a first-class user experience through a unified workbench that includes notebooks, dashboards, a native interface for all commands, and built-in tools for easy, secure collaboration.
Combining the performance, reliability, and scalability of Google Cloud Platform with Qubole’s self-service data platform and integrated tools for data science and data engineering, this new offering enables easier, more collaborative processing of big data workloads with Apache Spark and Hadoop on Google Cloud.
Key Features Include:
- Unified user experience for data science and data engineering — Native workbench that includes notebooks, dashboards, and a common interface for all commands and tasks, enabling data engineers and data scientists to work and collaborate using tools, languages, and data processing engines they are familiar with.
- Day-one self-service access — Fast access to Qubole through the GCP Marketplace, with automatic account setup, Google Cloud authentication, and simplified user onboarding.
- 24×7 support for open source engines — Highly optimized versions of open source engines and frameworks with advanced caching and performance optimizations, and dedicated support and engineering teams specialized by engine.
- Low cost and high reliability — Automatic upscaling, rebalancing, and aggressive downscaling of clusters with a complete context of the workload, SLA, and priority of each job, including intelligent autonomous and policy-based management of regular compute instances or Preemptible VMs.
- Enterprise-grade security — Fine-grained predefined or custom identity and access management roles to separate compute and data access. Qubole also offers role-based access controls for secure collaboration in notebooks and commands.
- Easy access to many data sources — Connectors for Google Cloud Storage, Google BigQuery, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, and more.
“Data is the new oil of this economy, and every day more companies are turning to the cloud to process data and leverage its value in their decisions,” said Mohit Bhatnagar, senior vice president of product, Qubole. “With this expanded partnership, Qubole is providing a powerful analytics service for Apache Spark and Hadoop on Google Cloud. Qubole’s solution delivers a unified workbench, notebooks and easy-to-use tools for data scientists and data engineers, enterprise-grade security, and 24×7 specialized support.”
With the rapid growth in big data processing, enterprises need a cloud data platform that provides a consistent, secure experience for processing petabyte-scale workloads. Qubole is one of the only cloud-native data platforms that delivers comprehensive big data processing on multiple engines and frameworks through a unified experience, including some of the industry’s most advanced financial governance capabilities.
“We are very excited about Qubole partnering with us to process big data on Apache Spark and Hadoop. This partnership is all about providing our customers with the best options on GCP. Our mutual long history helping enterprises solve their big data challenges, coupled with our constant focus on supporting our customers, makes this partnership a fantastic formula,” said Sudhir Hasbe, director of product management, Google Cloud.
Qubole is now available in public preview on Google Cloud Platform.
(Image Courtesy: www.smartdatacollective.com)