JDA software announced partnership with Microsoft to enable JDA to build cognitive SaaS solutions on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform. This joint solution is designed to advance JDA’s innovation initiatives along with its recently announced definitive agreement to acquire Blue Yonder. Blue Yonder is a market leader in artificial intelligence and machine learning solutions for retail and supply chain. This partnership will support JDA’s strategy to develop more cognitive and connected solutions to power digital transformations and create competitive advantage for its customers.
Scott Guthrie, executive vice president, Microsoft Cloud + AI Group, Microsoft said, “Microsoft Azure is driving new levels of organizational productivity and intelligent data-driven experiences, making it the ideal platform to bring JDA’s vision of an Autonomous Supply Chain to life. The powerful combination of JDA’s proven applications with Azure will empower customers to take advantage of real-time insights for smarter business decisions and profitable business growth.”
JDA SaaS solutions on the Azure platform will reap a number of immediate benefits to JDA’s more than 4,000 customers.
Key benefits derived are:
JDA to build cognitive, connected SaaS solutions on Azure
- This partnership accelerates JDA’s SaaS solutions roadmap including those next generation solutions built on JDA Luminate JDA’s next generation cognitive, connected supply chain platform.
- JDA’s customers will be able to tap into Microsoft’s large global footprint and global alliances network, while leveraging Azure’s large compliance portfolio, embedded security, enterprise-grade service level agreements, and industry-leading support.
JDA and Microsoft go to market together to digitally transform supply chain and retail operations
- The companies will join forces in the market to drive digital transformations across key verticals such as retail, manufacturing and logistics with their combined solution portfolios.
- JDA’s leading supply chain and retail solutions highly complement Microsoft’s enterprise business application solutions and will now serve as the cornerstone to Microsoft’s supply chain practice offerings.
JDA Luminate ControlTower is the first solution built on Azure
- JDA’s SaaS roadmap includes a first-of-its-kind digital control tower known as JDA Luminate ControlTower a virtual decision centre that provides real-time, 24/7 end-to-end visibility into global supply chains and act as the nerve centre of their operations and identify bottlenecks and propose resolutions before they occur.
- Using Azure as the development platform for JDA Luminate ControlTower will accelerate JDA’s ability to deliver this key component of the autonomous supply chain.