Dell has announced additional leading capabilities to its broad portfolio of VMware solutions, spanning from the edge to the core to the cloud. The new solutions and enhanced integrations are designed to help customers achieve IT transformation goals with a unified, seamless experience across PC and mobile devices, software-defined data centres, hyper-converged infrastructures and multi-cloud platforms.
The benefits of the enhancements to Dell’s portfolio of VMware-based solutions include:
At the Edge:
- A ready-to-work experienceenabling employees to boot up, log in and be productive in minutes. The Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE service enables automatic device setup and extends the efficiencies of cloud management to configuration and deployment.
- Simplified PC lifecycle management with expanded Dell PC-as-a-Service offerings for more customers and regions, including PCaaS for Business (20 to 300 units) and PCaaS for Enterprise (more than 300 units).
- Scalability and stability with a consistent foundation from edge to distributed core to cloud with the new Dell IoT Solution for Surveillance, which automates scaling enterprises on day one with customer data, speeding up return on investment.
To the Core:
- Increase workload capacity, performance, scalability and control with the new Dell EMC VxRail G560, which delivers greater density in a 2U form factor. The Dell EMC VxRail G560 outperforms the previous Dell EMC VxRail G Series with 1.75X more cores; 2X increase in processing power; 4X more memory; and 3X capacity increase improvement in the boot device.
- Save time and lower operational expenses with synchronized Dell EMC VxRail Appliance and VMware vSAN update releases, so customers get the latest technology features as quickly as possible to rapidly address changing business needs.
- Continuous innovation and reduction of riskwith Dell EMC VxRack SDDC engineered with Dell EMC VxRail E, P, V and now S Series models, all based on 14th generation PowerEdge servers.
- Faster time to productionwith the Dell EMC Networking Fabric Design Center, now including Dell EMC VxRail. The Fabric Design Center, an intuitive online tool, helps ensure the most efficient and effective networking design for deployment success.
- Investment protectionwith Dell EMC’s Future-Proof Loyalty Program protects customers’ core, edge and cloud investments, now including first-time HCI solution support with Dell EMC VxRail, for a set of advanced technology capabilities and programs that enable Dell EMC solutions to offer value for the entire lifetime of customers’ applications.
- Software-defined storage environment flexibility is further extended with Dell EMC vSAN Ready Nodes support on the new Dell EMC PowerEdge MX, which provides a highly flexible platform for vSAN Ready Nodes as HCI building blocks.
To the Cloud:
- Enhancements to Dell’s cloud-enabled infrastructure solutions and services portfolio are designed to help customers maximize the value of their IT ecosystem and multi-cloud environments.
“From the moment an employee first boots up their device, they’re generating information that can – and should – be used across the enterprise to make smarter, data-driven decisions. When technology infrastructure exists in siloes, businesses can’t outpace competitors, can’t grow and can’t scale,” said Jeff Clarke, vice chairman, Products and Operations, Dell Technologies. “Working together across the entire spectrum of IT infrastructure, Dell and VMware empower customers to clear unnecessary administrative tasks off IT to-do lists while making users happier and more productive.”
- Dell PC-as-a-Service for Business and Dell PC-as-a-Service for Enterprise are available.
- The Dell EMC VxRail G560 is available through Dell EMC and its partners.
- Dell Provisioning for VMware Workspace ONE will be available from September 12, 2018.
- The Dell EMC Networking Fabric Design Center is available through Dell EMC and its partners and features Dell EMC VxRail.
- Dell EMC vSAN Ready Node for PowerEdge MX is available from September 12, 2018.
- The synchronous releases between Dell EMC VxRail and VMware will be available starting in Q4 2018.