ABOUT THE CONTRIBUTOR
Nagaraj G N
Nagaraj G N Is an independent technology consultant. He helps organizations create new opportunities through technology solutions on technology infrastructure, business processes, service and sales initiatives. He was earlier Director & CTO of Religare Group.
Nagaraj G N HAS WRITTEN 5 ARTICLES FOR DYNAMIC CIO
BYOT has happened not by choice but by default. There are lessons to be learnt here. The more one resists embracing new technology that is personal, easy to use and available with no/low entry barrier of learning; the more it proliferates as a challenge to enterprise governance and control structures.
The need is to have a group of people within an enterprise who should be able to lead their lives as social network inhabitants do. This group should feel and think like them to successfully emote and transact with them; A group that does not necessarily operate under the shadow of people-process-system umbrella.
In a corporate house, while there is a debate around ideas, once a decision is made, the enterprise collectively approaches to meet the goals even if a few individuals were initially against it. On the social network, no such rule is binding on participants of the social groups. People will walk away from a movement as quickly they walked in with support. All of this could happen in a flash and without a warning.
- Succession Planning: Are CIOs Ready To Climb Up The Ladder?
- Poor Marketing Makes Ineffective CIOs?
- CIO Losing Control Over IT
- Steve Jobs, Reconsidered
- DaaS: A Game Changer for YES Bank
- Wake Up CEO. I am not Dead!
- Is IT Respected? No, Not Really!
- TVS Motor's Dealer Management System Heads for the Cloud
- IT-backed Innovation: New Holland SKYWATCH
- Chief Cloud Officer: Will You Take up the Job?
- Crisis Management (6)
- Leadership Development (11)
- Strategy (87)
- Succession Planning (2)
- Thought Leadership (10)
- Vision (31)
- Business Process Management (27)
- Customer Relationship Management (8)
- Finance (4)
- Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) (16)
- Human Resources (21)
- IT Organization (43)
- Project Management (9)
- Strategic Outsourcing (8)
- Supply Chain Management (5)
Sign up for our newsletter and get news and articles right in your inbox:
Thank You. You have been added to our subscription list.
The email you entered already exists.
Please provide an email.
The email provided is not a valid email address.